Electrolux UltraSilencer EL6986B Canister Vacuum Review
The Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986B Canister Vacuum: Powerful Silent Cleaning For Your home
Vacuum cleaners are one of the greatest inventions that help homeowners clean their houses are vacuum cleaners. Using a vacuum cleaner lets you clean the house with ease since all the dust and dirt are easily picked up. These makes cleaning a breeze and effortless.
These devices have greatly changed their look and build from old models which are huge, bulky, and noisy. Older vacuum models can be very noisy and irritating to use around the house because of their heavy bodies that you have to lug around.
Newer models promote versatility and mobility so you can easily clean the different rooms of your home easily and efficiently.
One great model of a canister vacuum type is the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum which boasts of it silent feature. While other canister vacuums claim that they also have a silent feature, this model proved to perform with the most minimal noise.
Not only is it a silent cleaner, this canister vacuum also effectively cleans both hardwood floors and carpets. Tests have proven that this canister vacuum was able to clean deeply-embedded dirt from thick carpet rugs.
It has a suction power feature that you can easily adjust to increase or decrease depending on the surface that you are cleaning. This article will go through the different features of the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum.
A summary of the features of the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum is as follows:
- Silent cleaning with a 65 dba noise level
- Lightweight for easy mobility and maneuverability
- Cleans both hard surfaces and carpets
- Telescopic wand that helps you reach above and below furniture
- Automatic cord rewind
- 21 feet cord length
- 6 feet hose length
- HEPA filtration system
- Bagged dirt collection
- Soft wheels for easy mobility
- Suction control switch to increase or decrease suction power
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
- Comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush tool
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 23.8 x 12.1 inches
- Weight: 21.1
The Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum is one of the greatest models in the market nowadays because of its essential features that homeowners are looking for. It has a HEPA filtration system that efficiently removes 99.97% of dust and small particles from your home, even ones that you do not clearly see.
Unlike other canister vacuums which you have to constantly check to see if their filters are already dirty, this canister vacuum has an electronic filter indicator. This feature warns you whenever you need to change the filter to have the best vacuuming performance.
The lightweight feature of the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum makes it easier for you to go around and clean the different rooms of your house. You can also carry it up and down the stairs with ease.
Since this canister vacuum can clean both hard surfaces and carpets, you can easily choose whether you want to increase or decrease the vacuuming suction power with its electronic suction control button.
This is great for cleaning upholsteries and draperies since the vacuum will not ‘suck’ them too hard and become difficult to remove.
Its low profile nozzle and telescopic wand permit you to clean beneath and above your furniture with ease and without the need to bend down on your knees.
- The silent cleaning feature with a low 65 dba noise level performs better than most of the canister vacuum models that claim to be noiseless
- Lightweight body permits easy mobility and maneuverability so you can easily clean various places in your house
- You can easily transport this canister vacuum up and down your stairs with no problems
- Dual cleaning feature and brush tools permit the cleaning of both hard surfaces and carpets
- The telescopic wand that where the nozzle head is attached helps you reach above and below furniture without hassle
- Automatic cord rewind promotes easy and compact storage
- 21 feet cord length lets you cover a wide area to clean without unplugging the device and the need to transfer electric outlets often
- 6 feet hose length helps maneuverability when cleaning
- HEPA filtration system traps 99.7% of dirt and dust particles from escaping the exhaust
- The soft wheels feature promotes easy mobility while cleaning and will not scratch your hard floor surfaces
- The suction control switch lets you increase or decrease the vacuum’s suction power so you can vacuum upholsteries and curtains without pulling them too hard
- Comes with a 5-year warranty to cover for any device malfunction and problems that may arise
- Comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush tool for cleaning different types of surfaces and lets you clean hard-to-reach areas inside your house
- Some buyers find that the bristle brush accessory that is attached to the vacuum head tend to keep falling off while vacuuming
- The cord retracting switch malfunctioned after a few months of use
- The hose needs to be replaced after constant use
The Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum is a great model for homeowners who are looking for a silent vacuum that they can use for cleaning around the house. It silent feature proves to have lesser noise than other canister vacuums that also claim to be noise-free.
The HEPA filtration system is great for individuals who have allergies or asthma since it efficiently traps dirt and dust particles efficiently and prevents it from exiting the exhaust.
The Miele Complete C2 limited edition canister vacuum is also within the same price range as the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum. It has a rug and floor combination floor brush for cleaning different types of surfaces.
A great feature of this canister vacuum is the air-driven rotating roller brush that can effectively clean carpets and rugs.
Also from the same brand but a little costlier, the Electrolux Ultra Silencer Deep Clean Canister Vacuum also has a quiet feature. It has a motorized brush roll for cleaning different types of surfaces.
It also has a HEPA filtration system that removes 99.7% of dust and particles while preventing them from escaping through the exhaust vent.
In comparing these three products, it can be said that the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum lacks the rotating brush feature that the other two models have which is a must for users who have carpets in their homes.
However, it is still at an advantage over the Miele canister vacuum model when it comes to a lesser noise cleaning. The costlier Electrolux Ultrasilencer Deep Clean canister vacuum is the greatest buy among the three with its ultra-quiet design and motorized brush roll.
Given the facts and features of the Electrolux Ultrasilencer EL6986 canister vacuum, we can say that it is a great canister vacuum model for those who are looking for a quiet vacuum to use for cleaning around the house.
Its features are great for cleaning various types of surfaces while the telescopic wand helps you reach those hard-to-reach surfaces above and beneath furniture.