Best Canister Vacuum Review
A canister vacuum makes your cleaning job easier. This is because it cleans your floors without wetting them. The vacuum machine is designed to pick up dirt particles from the floor by sucking them through a hose pipe and emptying them into a compartment within the canister body.
A good canister vacuum can serve you for many years without breaking down. Now that there are many brands out there, it’s not easy to find the best model, especially when you’re buying it for the first time.
Although there are many brands of vacuum cleaners in the market, there are specific brands that stand out from the rest. This is because they have been in the market for many years and many home owners have already tried them.
When shopping for a vacuum machine, you should ask for recommendations from friends or go through product review sites to see what others have to say about the brand you want to buy. The good thing is that you have the option of buying from a departmental store near you or you can buy from an online store.
How to Choose the Best Canister Vacuum
There are several factors that you should consider when buying a canister vacuum cleaner. The best canister vacuums come with a HEPA filter system. This is due to the fact that operating a vacuum machine causes dust to rise.
If that dust is not dealt with, it hangs in the air within the rooms that you’re cleaning. The filtration system ensures that all micro-particles are captured by the machine. This keeps you safe from allergens that cause asthma and other allergies.
It’s also important for a vacuum cleaner to come with an extension wand. If the height of the wand can’t be adjusted, it can be difficult for you to clean the ceilings and curtains. Lest you forget, this is where most cobwebs are found and they continue to accumulate if you don’t remove them.
Therefore, it is necessary for a wand to include an extension tube so that you can reach hard to get areas. In most vacuum cleaners, the wand is extended by connecting the fittings.
A canister vacuum should have wheels to make it easy to move it around the house. However, those wheels should be made of rubber material so that they don’t leave scratches on your floor. If a vacuum machine doesn’t have wheels, it should come with shoulder strap and a handle for carrying it while climbing on the stairs.
Moreover, the cleaning head should be wide so that you can clean faster by just running it across the floor a couple of times. Cleaning heads that are narrow are quite cumbersome to use because they only cover a small area at a time. The head should be surrounded by a bumper to protect it from shocks.
What to Look For In a Good Canister Vacuum
You should pay attention to the flexibility of the hose pipe. It should turn in all directions to make it possible to clean from any angle regardless of where you’re standing. It’s also good to opt for a canister vacuum that has a long hose so that you don’t have to keep on moving the canister.
Besides that, you should check whether the power cord is long. A short power cord means that you will have to remain tethered around the wall socket which is not convenient. A cable with a minimum length of 20 feet is highly recommended. Top of the range canister vacuums come with a self retracting power cable.
A nice canister vacuum should have regulated suction. This is because different floorings require different suction speed. High speed suction is used when the carpet on the floor is of high density to give you a deep and thorough cleaning.
Most canister vacuums have buttons for controlling suction speed on the wand. Besides that, it’s advisable to opt for a vacuum machine that has a limited time warranty. At times, the vacuum cleaner can develop technical problems just a few days after the purchase. If the machine did not come with a warranty, you would have to budget for the repair.
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is made in Germany. This vacuum machine features a plastic material construction which means it’s very light to carry. In fact, the machine has a handle at the top that’s meant for carrying it from one place to another.
The handle is actually very useful when you want to take the vacuum cleaner upstairs. Moreover, the vacuum cleaner has wheels for moving it around the floor. The wheels are made of rubber material so they are gentle on your floors.
The vacuum machine is run by a powerful motor that makes zero noise during operation. The machine is fitted with turbo nozzle that lifts dirt particles from low pile carpets and bare floors. After the brush has scrubbed through the dirt, the nozzle sucks up all the particles, including pet hair, leaving your ceilings, floors and curtains spotlessly clean.
You’re not limited to any angle of cleaning because the hose turns 360 degrees. The power cord is long enough to allow you to clean areas that are far from the wall socket. You don’t have to coil the power cord after you’re done. The cord actually rewinds automatically.
Features of Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- HEPA filter – The filter system catches all the dirt particles including hair from pets.
- Expandable wand – You can clean areas that are hard to reach by extending the height of the wand. No tools are needed.
- Mobility wheels – The vacuum machine has rubber wheels that keep your floor free from marks and scratches. They are used for moving it around the house.
- Flexible hose – The hose can turn 360 degrees. Clean anything from any angle.
Advantages of Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- Carrying handle – The vacuum cleaner is fitted with a handle for carrying it up and down the stairs.
- Controlled suction – The machine has a button for increasing and reducing suction speed.
- Washable filter – The HEPA filter is designed to be washable so that you don’t have to waste money on replacement filters.
- 31-foot power cord – You can clean areas that are far from the power source without overstretching the cable.
- Automatic cord retraction – The power cord rewinds itself automatically.
- Add-on accessories – The vacuum machine comes with various tools for cleaning different surfaces such as hard and low pile floors.
Things to Look Out For in Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re planning to buy this particular vacuum cleaner, you better put your finances together because it would give you a run for your money. This vacuum machine is also bulky so it requires a big space for storage. You can’t use this vacuum cleaner in an area that’s not connected to electricity because it lacks DC power option.
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a great buy for anyone that values their health. The vacuum machine is suitable for all users including those who suffer from asthma and other allergies. This is because it has a HEPA approved filter system that can be washed after every use to keep it in good condition. The vacuum machine has a 31-foot power cable that retracts itself when you’re done cleaning. There are rubber wheels for moving the vacuum cleaner around the house. If the wheels are not good enough, you can carry the machine using the handle at the top.
Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum
Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum boasts 12 amp motor that allows it to showcase an outstanding performance. This vacuum machine sucks through the last dirt particle. The machine can remove debris and cobwebs at the blink of an eye.
You don’t have to run it over one place many times. The vacuum cleaner features activated bristles that are capable of removing tough debris. Even picking pet hair is like a walk in the park. Because activated bristles are used on bare floors, there is a switch for turning them off while cleaning a floor that has a carpet and rugs.
There are actually brushes for cleaning upholstery, dusting and mopping. The vacuum machine has internal storage for these add-on tools.
The vacuum cleaner has wheels that make it possible to transport it without necessarily lifting it from the floor. A slight pull of the hose is enough to bring the canister closer to you. Interestingly, the wheels don’t leave any scratches on your floor because they’re made of rubber material.
With this canister vacuum, you can clean far away from the wall socket, thanks to the 23-foot power cord. Additionally, the power cord doesn’t require manual rewinding because it retracts automatically when you’re done.
Features of Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum
- Lightweight – The vacuum cleaner weighs 15lbs.
- Carrying handle – Used when climbing on the stairs.
- HEPA filter – Has three stage filtration system that guarantees fresh air.
- 32-inch hose – Cleans at any angle due to 360 degrees flexibility.
- 12 amp motor – Guarantees satisfactory cleaning power.
- 1-year warranty – Manufacturer would repair the vacuum cleaner if it stops working.
Advantages of Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum
- 23-foot power cord – You can clean stress free without being limited by distance. The cord rewinds automatically at the end of the job.
- Adjustable power knob – The user can change the suction speed from high to low and vice versa.
- Adjustable wand – The wand measures 6 feet and can be extended without using tools.
- Rugged handle – Gives the user a firm grip while cleaning.
- Rubber wheels – They don’t leave marks on the floor.
- Multi-floor cleaning – Vacuum machine can be used to clean hard floors, tiles, wooden floors and ceiling among many others surfaces.
Things to Look Out For in Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum
Although the canister is constructed with plastic material, there are concerns that the vacuum cleaner is bulky and hence requires a big space for storage. The wheels are rendered useless in a congested room because they can’t move past the obstacles. The vacuum machine is limited to AC power option.
You just have to get your hands on Prolux Tritan Canister Vacuum. It’s very convenient and comfortable to use. It has a HEPA filter that can be washed and reused many times. The filter also traps all the allergenic particles that pose health risks.
The package comes with cleaning accessories that are easy to fix on the head of the wand. You can move the vacuum machine by carrying it with your hand or by pulling the 6-foot hose gently.
Cirrus VC248 Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Cirrus VC248 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a game changer. With a 12 amp motor, the vacuum cleaner sucks up dirt like no other. No debris is too small for this vacuum machine to pick. The canister vacuum feels very light in your hands because it’s made of high quality plastic material.
You can clean at any angle because the hose can bend around 360 degrees. The hose can reach a length of 6 feet. The nozzle is connected to a brush that has a wide width to help you clean much faster.
The package comes with other customized brushes for cleaning different surfaces. The brushes are designed to be connected to the nozzle without using any tools. Moreover, the head of the wand can maneuver through corners because it has rotating joint.
The wand can also be adjusted using a stainless steel tube. This gives you the power to remove dirt and debris that’s in areas that are beyond your reach. The vacuum cleaner has an indicator that lets you know when the dust bag has been filled to capacity.
Features of Cirrus VC248 Canister Vacuum
- Variable speed – The wand has controlled suction speed.
- HEPA filter – Traps all micro particles to protect the user from disease-causing bacteria. It only requires regular washing.
- 12 amp motor – Sucks up all debris and particles without failing.
- Add-on tools – Used for cleaning bare floors, curtains, ceilings and tiles.
- 1-year warranty – Vacuum cleaner can be repaired by manufacturer if it fails within one year after purchase.
Advantages of Cirrus VC248 Canister Vacuum
- Automatic cord rewind – The power cord rewinds itself into a coil after switch off.
- Long power cable – Lets you clean away from the wall socket.
- Full bag indicator – You can see when the dust bag is full and needs to be emptied.
- Rubber wheels – The user can pull the vacuum machine to move it.
- Plastic construction – The vacuum machine is not heavy because it has a body made of plastic material.
- Cheap – The vacuum cleaner is fairly priced.
Things to Look Out For in Cirrus VC248 Canister Vacuum
The vacuum cleaner can’t be used in the areas that don’t have electricity. This is because it lacks DC power option. The canister of the machine is quite big and can’t fit into a smaller storage space.
Dirt and debris is not spared by this great canister vacuum cleaner. The cord is conveniently long to help you clean without plugging into different wall sockets. The vacuum cleaner is safe for the whole family including those who have asthma and other allergies because it captures all the dust that rises during operation. Even hard-to-reach areas are not left out because the package comes with a wand that has an adjustable height.
GV X12 Canister Vacuum
GV X12 Canister Vacuum cleaner comes with a 5.3-gallon dust bag and a sealed HEPA filter. The dust bag is only disposed when full. The package actually comes with six spare bags. On the other hand, the HEPA filter captures the tiny dirt particles that carry disease-causing bacteria.
This feature makes the vacuum machine suitable for all users including those suffering from asthma and other allergies. The wand is made of chrome and comes with adjustable height so that you can clean areas that are hard to reach.
The power cord doesn’t require manual rewinding because it retracts on its own. One wall socket is enough to allow you to clean the entire house without worrying about distance. There is an in-built handle for carrying the vacuum machine from one room to another.
If your rooms are spacious, you can move the vacuum cleaner on its two rubber wheels. Just pull the 6-foot hose gently and it would move closer to you. The brushes are run by a powerful 12 amp motor and they pick everything in their path. You can actually alternate between soft and hard brush.
The head has a transparent cover that lets you see the brush roll. Because ceilings and curtains are not as hard as floors, you can change the brush head by connecting the fittings.
Features of GV X12 Canister Vacuum
- Automatic power cord rewind – Cable coils hands-free without your involvement.
- 12 amp motor – Gushes in a lot of air at a go.
- Rubber wheels – Scratch-free wheels make it easy to move the machine.
- Chrome wand – The wand is rust proof and features an adjustable height.
Advantages of Features of GV X12 Canister Vacuum
- HEPA filter – Traps all micro-particles to stop them from accumulating in the air.
- 3-gallon dust bag – Large capacity debris bag that’s disposable. Includes six free bags.
- Bag/filter indicator – Lets you know when the bag or the filter needs to be emptied. Filter is washable.
- Lightweight – Body of canister is made of plastic material.
- In-built handle – Durable handle for carrying the machine around.
- Regulated suction – The vacuum cleaner has suction control button for activating the bristles and vice versa.
Things to Look Out For in GV X12 Canister Vacuum
There are concerns that the vacuum cleaner is bulky and it’s therefore cumbersome to store it in standard size closets. The vacuum machine can’t be used in places that don’t have electricity because it lacks DC power option.
GV X12 Canister Vacuum is very efficient and economical. The vacuum machine comes with a washable HEPA filter that catches all the stray dirt that may rise during the cleaning process. You don’t have to spend money on replacement filter.
Moreover, there is an indicator that alerts you when the filter has been filled to the capacity. The package comes with 6 free dust bags to give you a head start. You can direct how aggressive the nozzle sucks using the provided switch. The power cord is smart enough to rewind itself after you’re through with the job.
Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum
Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum offers an excellent suction. This vacuum cleaner comes with a turbo comfort brush that shakes the floor causing the debris to loosen. The dirt particles are actually removed by the rotating brush.
This vacuum cleaner is highly recommended for low and medium pile floors. The vacuum machine puts total control into your hands. You can set it to suck slow or fast using the suction control button. The suction control button is activated via a foot switch.
The vacuum cleaner comes with a telescopic stainless steel wand that lets you clean within a radius of 32 feet. The wand has a very long lifespan because it’s resistant to rusting. The hose is also long and can rotate around 360 degrees.
Therefore, you are assured of cleaning your stuff at any angle. If the surface you want to clean is too high for you, there is an extension wand that can be attached by connecting the fittings.
Features of Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum
- Suction control – There is a foot switch for regulating suction process.
- Automatic rewind – Power cord retracts instantly at the press of a button.
- Turbo comfort brush – Scrubs debris by rolling on the floor.
- Easy-to-fix add-ons – Package comes with upholstery tool and dust brush.
- In-built handle – The handle is used for carrying the vacuum cleaner from one place to another.
Advantages of Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum
- Dust bag – Used for holding big particles.
- Sealed HEPA filter – Captures micro particles as they rise from the floor.
- Head bumper – The head of the nozzle remains intact after hitting objects on the floor.
- Stainless steel wand – The wand is free from rusting and comes with adjustable height.
- Rubber wheels – Your floor is left without any scratches after the job is done.
- Long power cable – Gives you freedom to clean away from the wall socket.
Things to Look Out For in Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum
This canister vacuum is very expensive as compared to other products in the same category. You would not be able to purchase it if you’re on a low budget. The other concern is that the body of the machine is quite bulky and therefore requires customized storage.
Miele Complete C2 Limited Edition Canister Vacuum cleaner lets you switch between rugs, tiles, ceilings and curtains. You can control the suction on each platform using the foot switch. Even asthmatic people can use this vacuum machine because it comes with a 3-stage filter that’s HEPA approved.
You are not limited to cleaning only the area that’s close to the wall socket. You can go as far as you want because the power cord is quite long. Furthermore, it rewinds itself at the push of a button.